Thursday 1 May 2008

A little bit about me.....

My name is Diane and I am a shabby chicker in the making

I have 2 Daughters, Sophie who is 21 and Emily 18. Sophie moved out a few months ago and decided to rent a house with her Auntie, they moved themselves in and were just getting settled when my ex (Mark) moved in with them after the breakdown of his marriage, so poor Sophie can't seem to escape her parents!

If you are a member over in the shabby cafe then you will know that me and Mark have quite a good relationship now, he fetches my furniture for me and does a few manly things around the house, so I get all the good bits without the washing, cooking, "marital needs" and arguing (me and Mark are good at that lol). We have been split for over a decade and for most of that we never spoke, however after spending some time talking about how we made each other feel we managed to be able to draw a line under the past and move on, hence the friendship we have now

I also have my little cat Tickles, she is typical of cats and only wants a cuddle when she wants it and the thing that drives me mad about her is she is so vocal in the mornings when she wants her breakfast!

I work full time as an Accounts Payable Manager, this stresses me out most of the time but painting furniture seems to relax me

Anyway thats enough about me for now

Di x

No comments: